When you leave your children with us, we take their safety very seriously. We implement several steps to ensure your child’s safety:
- All exterior doors are keypadded so that only people with the code can enter the building. In some of our newer buildings, a fingerprint is required. And in some buildings both a combination as well as the biometric fingerprint is required to enter the classroom.
- We do fire drills once a month so that your child knows where to go in an emergency. We drill until all persons can be out of the building within 120 seconds.
- We have the fire department visit monthly to conduct fire inspections as well as check life safety equipment.
- We conduct safety drills for intruders. Although this has never happened at our centers, we must be prepared. After the events in Newtown, CT in 2012 we re-evaluated our safety procedures along with the local police departments to consider all scenarios. We now conduct lock-down drills on a bi-monthly basis to ensure staff and children know what to do in an emergency.
- Cameras are placed in strategic places to further ensure the safety of the children.
- Pickup and dropoff is maintained with the use of a sign-in clipboard so each teacher knows who is in the classroom.